The Purge: Election Year is the third instalment in The Purge franchise. It continues the events of what happens during The Purge.
The filming for The Purge: Election Year started on September 16, 2015. Most of the scenes were shot in Washington, DC but the rest were in Rhode Island, both in its capital Providence, and Woonsocket.
Originally, the film was set to be released on July 4, 2016, to coincide with the Fourth of July, but was moved to July 1, 2016.
The First Purge is a prequel the The Purge movies set to come out July 4, 2018. It is supposed to explain why The Purge even started in the first place. The first time it was announced to be filmed was February 17, 2017.
- Frank Grillo as Leo Barnes
- Elizabeth Mitchell as Senator Charlie Roan
- Christy Coco as Young Charlie Roan
- Mykelti Williamson as Joe Dixon
- Joseph Julian Soria as Marcos Dali
- Betty Gabriel as Laney Rucker
- Terry Serpico as Earl Danzinger
- Raymond J. Barry as Caleb Warrens
- Edwin Hodge as Dante Bishop
- Kyle Secor as Minister Edwidge Owens
- Brittany Mirabilé as Kimmy
- Juani Feliz as Kimmy's friend
- Kimberly Howe as Kimmy's friend
- Ethan Phillips as Chief Couper
- Cindy Robinson as Purge Announcement Voice
- Liza Colón-Zayas as Dawn
- David Aaron Baker as NFFA Press Secretary Tommy Roseland
- Christopher James Baker as Harmon James
- Roman Blat as Uncle Sam
- Jamal Peters as Gang Leader with Dying Friend
- J. Jewels as Political Debater
- Matt Walton as Reporter #1